Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Welcome Back!

I am so thrilled that the 2016-2017 school year is now underway! I'm settling into my first week back after my year long maternity leave last year.  I'm very excited to see so many familiar faces and I can't wait to work with all of the orchestra students at Fountain Woods.  This week, string lessons begin and the students will be learning their first three songs!

Practice is essential in these early days.  For beginners, 10 minutes a day is perfect.  I'd much rather see each child practice a few minutes each day than an hour the night before their lesson.  Short periods over several days is crucial for correct muscle development.  Don't forget, if it is painful...STOP!

Here is a video highlighting the points we cover in our first lesson!

First Lesson Review

Our early morning rehearsal schedule will be handed out shortly.  We are expected to begin these rehearsals the second week of October.


Beginning Orchestra will rehearse on TUESDAYS
Advanced Orchestra will rehearse on THURSDAYS

If you have any questions at any time, please let me know!  The easiest way to reach me is via email at kcorvino@burltwpsch.org



No comments:

Post a Comment